Dear readers and fellow bloggers,
Just as the moon waxes and wanes, and the tides ebb and flow, drawn by her mysterious, magnetic pull, so our rhythm and energy flows too. Some days, we are brim full of energy and we feel we can turn our wildest dreams into reality. Other times, we may feel so fatigued and exhausted that we don’t even have the energy to dream, let alone create. And this is OK. We are not designed to run and run and run like a battery, to never stop or slow down. And like a battery, that energy will run down and it will need recharging. We have to tune in with ourselves, pacing ourselves, resting when we need to rest, when our energy is on the wane. Just know that soon, our energy will be topped up, renewed and recharged, and then we can get on with creating the life of our dreams. The moon teaches us balance: to flow with the rhythms of life, to rest, and then to create.
The moon, like any symbol, is a mirror that reflects something of ourselves back at us. The moon teaches us that we are always growing, changing and evolving. We are always on a journey, and even if we feel that we are not really going anywhere, stuck in the sands of time, the ever-changing moon teaches us this:
That it is never too late to begin again,
To start where we are, with what we have,
To create something magical, to rest and then,
When we feel like it, to head off – by the light of the silvery moon –
On a new adventure …
5 Life lessons from the moon
- We know that the moon goes through these phases of waxing and waning every month, in waxing, the moon gradually increases towards a full moon while in the waning phase it decreases and gives way to a new moon. This miracle occurs impeccably each month. We humans too experience a related cycle of growth and failure, simply as the moon waxes gradually and overcomes the darkness on a full moon day we too grow each day as a person until we reach our full potential. And as the moon wanes and gives way to a new moon every fortnight, we should also let all the darkness within us diminish, and embrace the new us.
- The moon also teaches us this wonderful life lesson that blesses each of us with an opportunity to shine and bask in our own glory. Likewise, each celestial body be it the star or the moon or sun is blessed with its own beauty and achieves its full splendor only at the appointed time and not even a second before it. Sometimes it might take a few weeks, months or even years for this phenomenon to take place but it will surely happen and when it does it will be truly heavenly and worth the wait.
- Each of us have been created in perfect harmony and with unique strengths and distinct paths to follow. Just, as the moon doesn’t overtake the sun or vice versa, each of us is created with unique attributes so that we could co-exist peacefully. So, all we need to do is commit and accept our current place on this journey and ensure that we do not surpass one another.
- Most of our time is spent on focusing on the mundane or frivolous stuff. Sometimes we are so lost in the daily grind that we forget to marvel and soak in the natural beauty around us. Sunrises, moon rises, eclipses happen regularly but then how often do we pause and reflect upon these miracles. Surely, in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day, there are signs for those who possess intelligence. So, what we see is what we get, and in the transitions of the moon we have some intuitive messages – all we need to do is to be more mindful of our surroundings, for if we look around us we will definitely find meaning and fulfillment in the most unexpected places.
- Like the moon, we should feel confident about ourselves because despite being flawed it outshines the stars and planets in the night sky. In each of its phases it flaunts its imperfectly perfect beauty. As humans no matter how imperfect or flawed we are, it is these scars and vulnerabilities that make us who we are. All these imperfections surrounding us make us reflect and introspect and affirm that God created everything in perfection and with a purpose.
Look at the moon each day in this month and notice how it changes each day little by little. Write in your journal about your feelings from when you were child and continue until today. Notice how your thoughts have evolved over time. indulge into a practice to introduce quality thoughts in your life and let go of all the negative ones.
Moon lessons on parenting gives cue to both old and new parents.
I am totally intrigues by the moon, its charm and its ability to grow and reduce and melt into nothingness.
Within nothing is EVERYTHING,
Within everything is NOTHING.
Hope this post helps you become a better version of yourself and may this help you on your path of self discovery.
Happiness and sunshine
Link to all 52 weeks here.